blogger counters

Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

in the thralls of a phantom . . .

"I was alive and had never lived.
" . . .
"Like a house with no foundations, unable to resist the first tremor of an earthquake, my existence had tumbled all around me in ruins.
"I saw suddenly that there was nothing left for me here.
"No refuge.
"No place to hide."
excerpt from Susan Kay's Phantom (p. 384)

For almost two decades now, I have been in the thralls of a phantom . . .


I had meant to immerse myself in the on-Broadway version of this story of love both impossible and lost but, alas, time has passed this opportunity by . . .

Kelsey at l'Opera


But, once upon
an August morning
not so very long ago,
I too ascended the
grand escalier of his
legendary home,

made myself at home
in box ?,




and posed for this photo . . .



L'Opera de Paris at last. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment